If you need to install or reinstall Windows 10, you can use the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft to download a Windows 10 ISO file that you can use to create your own installation media using either a USB flash drive or a DVD.
This tool provides the best download experience for customers running Windows 7, 8.1 and 10.
This tutorial will show you how to use the Media Creation Tool or direct download a Windows 10 ISO file from Microsoft.
You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to run the Media Creation Tool.
- Make sure you have:
- An internet connection (internet service provider fees may apply).
- Sufficient data storage available on a computer, USB or external drive for the download.
- Read the System Requirements.
- If you will be installing the operating system for the first time, you will need your Windows product key (xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx). For more information about product keys and when they are required, visit the FAQpage.
- For Enterprise editions please visit the Volume Licensing Service Center.
Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer or Media Creation Tool on an activated Windows 7 or 8.1 PC, you will be able to reinstall, including a clean install, on the same device. You won’t need a product key for re-activations on the same hardware. If you make a meaningful change to your hardware, you may need to contact customer support to help with activation. You’ll also be able to create your own installation media like a USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you’ve upgraded.
You do not get a product key with the free upgrade of Windows 10.
The activation for the free offer of Windows 10 is registered on the Microsoft activation servers, and is referenced by the hardware (motherboard/CPU/graphics card serial numbers) of the PC it was upgraded on.
If you would like to download a 90-day evaluation of Windows 10 Enterprise, then:
Windows 10 Enterprise ISO download: Windows 10 Enterprise | TechNet Evaluation Center
Windows 10 Enterprise FAQs: Windows 10 IT Pro FAQ – App Compat, Installation, Virtualization